Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Kid Is Coming Home

Spring is definitely not here in Mekoryuk. At 12 degrees Fahrenheit we are approaching our warmest day in weeks. The world out there stays lit all the time as we are continuing to pick almost 5 and half minutes more of daylight daily. After spending an entire day indoors, going outside is almost to bright to comprehend, and if sunglasses aren't warn large purple spot stay burned into your retina clouding your field of vision. At night I have to create artificial night in my apartment or risk staying up all night due to the light.

I've packaged about 5 boxes for mail today. It cost me about 250 dollars to move all my crap up here and will cost me more to send it back. Hopefully I'll be able so sell some of my shit that I won't be needing. A tv, a radio, rubber boots, and various other things that I don't care to bring back. I wish I could say I'm sad to pack it up and go but sad isn't really the word. I do feel sentimental at times, but currently I just want to go home, I want all my shit outta here, I want my baby in my arms, I want my family and friends and I am just ready to be done here, I love these people up here too, but lets get the show on the road. I know I will miss it here but time is dragging on so slowly.

Then I get 3 days of sweet release, 3 puny days of home, and only one and a half with sydney, and one night with randy and suzye and the gang, then its off to Europe to see my brother and go on a seriously strenuous and vigorous and ambitious trek across god knows where Europe. Planning this adventure has been really stressful on my little brother (I have been no help) and I feel bad that I haven't really contributed anything but money. I'll find a way to make it up to him, I think that I'll be a really big help in locating a teaching job, a place to live, and taking care of other things like that when we return. I'll make it right brother!

As much as I'm looking forward to Europe, what I'm really daydreaming about mostly is finally having a real home again. Putting it together right this time, good pots and pans, my own internet, maybe even a new couch, sound recording equipment, hell I don't know, but no more shit, the good stuff this time. Fresh vegetables, good coffee, fine cheeses, you get the idea. I have starved myself of all things appreciable for two years and I just can't wait to be in middle class America again. I can't believe I complained so much about it when I lived there, and I can't believe I left.

SO laugh if you will at my need for domestic life, I'm sure I will get the itch to go extreme again someday, but I just want to be a homebody for a while, set up shop, homebase, settle in, make a life, hell I might even follow the Mariners this year, Ken Griffey Jr. isn't the ONLY "kid" returning home.

I have a feeling I'm gonna hit a homerun on opening day too.

Missing home, missing love, missing washington so bad today.

Lyrics to "Section 17: Suitcase Calling" by THE POLYPHONIC SPREE
Entirely for you. Soon you will see that there's more there to me I will show.
The days went softly, suitcase calling me to the needs of our fond memories.
The days went softly, suitcase calling me to the needs of our fond memories of our love. In the moment, a sparkled sky. It's amazing we all know. It's the coolest waterslide. It's amazing we will show. What would you do to keep yourself holding on?
And what would you say to keep yourself holding on too?
When the light comes today I'll show my face. It's the seasons that keep me hanging on. It's the reason it keeps me strong. It keeps me hanging on and on and on.
When the mood gets me so far, then you go.
The places, you take me. It seems like it's always better until my heart starts to show. The places, you take me. It seems like it's always better until my heart starts to grow. It's the feel good time of day. You gotta go.
Too late to stay.
It's the seasons that keep me on and on and on.
You got no place to play.
It's the reasons that keep me strong. They keep me hanging on and on and on. When the mood gets me so far, then you go.
Time to feel the softest blow. Waited for days for this night to get colder.
Time to feel the softest blow. Waited for days for this night, for this day to grow.
For this day to grow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Tacoma School of Math & Science is becoming a reality. Check out the article in the Volcano - http://weeklyvolcano.typepad.com/spew/2009/04/hazardous-business.html

Hope you come home and become a part of it! Rhonda Higgins

ptest001 said...

I totally know that feeling. You know you're leaving but it's not quite yet but you're kind of like, okay... can I go yet? Yes, leaving sucks, but let's get it over with.

Europe trek is gonna be the shit. I want to hear where in Greece you're going. And I'm telling you. Call my Ba - he'll hook it up.


Kale%20Iverson
Quantcast