Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wednesday and I'm almost dead...

I have been wearing too many hats this week. I'm teaching two High School Math classes, one JR High Science, one High School Fine Art class, and High School Ecology. If that wasn't enough, I'm also trying to teach myself Special Ed and have been reviewing our students IEP's to make sure we are offering the right services.
On top of that topped that, I have become the "Tech" guy at our school and have spent the last 3 days repairing, troubleshooting and fixing the entire school's internet service and interschool airport network.
If that wasn't enough, I also have spent the last 2 days reviewing student records and transcripts to make sure their classes are what they need for them to graduate on time. It is ridiculous.
I have been running around like a nut, nay a crazy focussed bad ass nut, doing the best I can to help everyone out that I can. It would be one thing if it was just me, but its not, its everyone else is working super hard too. Our new Site Administrator Gary is working his ass off everyday. Our secretary Alice is keeping everything held together somehow (she's amazing). Our new (as well as old) teachers are working above and beyond the call of duty just to get this damn school off the ground.
It appears that it might be taking flight (barely and with lots of cargo). We have some pretty important issues to hammer out on Friday staff meeting but, dammit, I think we can do it.

In other Nunivak related news, I have been so friggin' busy that I haven't had the energy or time to do any berry picking or fishing yet. This pains me, pains me greatly in fact. A daily stubborn fog has been here since my arrival also, not the sunny wonderful Mekoryuk of last fall.

I also haven't had the time to talk about Hawaii or Summer Meltdown. I PROMISE THOSE ARE COMING TOMORROW! I'm friggin swamped out here so just give me a second chance ok?

I can honestly say I've never had to battle this hard to make it to humpday. Wow, only 177 days left of school. If I live through it. Have a good one y'all.

1 comment:

Susan Iverson said...

Take heart! Some art supplies are on the way. There is even an extra sketch book for you to use. You should have to do the daily sketches and share them with your students. You are so creative!


Kale%20Iverson
Quantcast