Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Hump Day Umpdate

Well we made it halfway, lets get it finished off now.

MIDWEEK MUSICAL ARTIST UPDATE: This Must Be Said:
Jack Johnson's new album "Sleep Through the Static" is incredible. That word doesn't even do it justice. The thing is that I can already hear the snickers from many people who will say it sounds the same as every other album. Alan White in RollingStone gave it a rough review and I didn't agree with it because, like everyone else, he was hoping for something new, a departure from the good vibing summer fun tunes he's good at, and I am hoping for the same Jack Johnson Album every spring for the rest of my life. I don't care about other people's opinion, especially the washed up Alan White, on this topic because they probably would also say the Beatles are good (they are not). This album is a sleepy, perfect for falling asleep in a hammock at the ocean, plodding 4 pm experience. I for one am extremely happy that there is an artist alive who refuses to change his style and image too much for the critics. Jack Johnson puts out one good summer album out every spring. He's been doing it for like 4 years now. It is about love, loss, people needing to be better people, problems with the world, relaxing and fatherhood. I'm glad that he is alive making me a new summer mix every year. If this album is any indicator, I will be having a mellow sleepy summer. And that is just fine with me. Thank you Jack for saving my summer life once again. And thank you RollingStone for continuing to remind me that I am hip and that old music dorks need to get a life or shut up.

Go to the store or iTunes right away and get this album so that your life will suck a little less. I don't want to hear any excuses from anyone if you don't.

IN OTHER NEWS: Fox trapping course will soon be over. This means I will get my planning time back, not have to stare at canine carcasses anymore, and my life will return to its normal not animal killing ways. I can't say I didn't learn a lot of valuable skills for survival, I can say that it wasn't easy to take.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kale, I bought the "Static" album yesterday too. I generally like it. I wasnt expecting anything new either. Im not overly excited by it, but then again when "in between dreams" came out I didnt like it at first either and now it is one of my favorites. There are a couple of tracks that I immediately connect with, and the others are growing on me. Im sure that it will be the album that will remind me of the summer of 2008. Ive got to give it a few more listen throughs though. Nice mid-week music choice. By the way he has a huge gap in his summer tour from the end of April through end of June...The Gorge anyone? I hope...

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so glad to hear that the album is great! I can't wait to buy it. It's been on my "have to have" list, just waiting till I have a few extra bucks to burn.

Hope your week is going good!


Kale%20Iverson
Quantcast