Monday, January 7, 2008

Monday Back to School

The first day back was great. It was so good to see the kids. They behaved pretty well. My biology class is now later in the day and what a difference that makes. They are actually awake! They even answered questions and participated. I have two writing classes now. They are already blogging! I'm feeling really optimistic about the semester. Unfortunately these friggin Phase systems are going to rule my life. I just have to find seams in the system to actually teach the students something worthwhile.
The worst class I have to deal with is all boys health. It is at the end of the day, you try keeping 4 high school boys interested and occupied at 3 o'clock in the afternoon with their shiny snowmachines parked outside.
I'll try and write more later tonight but I have a lot of work to do.

1 comment:

Susan Iverson said...

I am so glad that your new classes sound like they will be interesting for both you and your students. You should be very proud of what you are trying to do. I know I am! I am getting a blog going, believe it or not. Right now I can only do little things on it at work but once I get our computer at home I will be on the phone to you to help me make it as upbeat and cool lookiing as yours. I can't wait. Keep smiling!


Kale%20Iverson
Quantcast