Monday, June 29, 2009

Good Things #1: Garden Plants, Taste of Tacoma, Vicci Martinez

So in the last few days I've experienced some very very good things here in the wonderful northwest.

Good Thing: Garden Plants! Even though I got back to late to start my own I was able to go to a local market and get some vegetables for my new place. I have three types of cabbage, 7 tomato plants, green onions, cauliflower, rosemary, mint, basil, sage, parsely and then Sydney brought down her Kale plants and Tomatillos. What was once a boring tar garage roof is now a jungle of life! I guess this means a harvest party in the fall?

Good Thing: The TASTE OF TACOMA! I forgot how much fun it is to go to Point Defiance for this annual shindig. 45 food vendors and a bunch of homemade crafts mixed with the middle class diversity of Tacoma and amazing coverbands (excuse me tribute bands) to the likes of Fleetwood Mac, Heart, Neil Diamond and more. Sitting with the fam on Friday and then again cruising with Sydney on Saturday I really got to enjoy the Taste of Tacoma. Put it on your calendar next year!

Good Thing: Vicci Martinez! This tiny rocker kicked so much ass at the Taste. She has come a long way in the last year and her band is fantastic, her stage presence is infectious and her positive quirky attitude is fun and very enjoyable. She just put out her newest and most professional album yet and I think you all would enjoy this Tacoma born and bred gem of a talent.

More good things to come, Northwest sunshine, fourth of july, and dare I say it...its almost festival time!!!!

What good things you all got going on out there?

1 comment:

Shade Hopper said...

Kale! I finally got to check on where you are...it sounds like you are finding a new way. Paul and I have been hiking the Appalachian Trail (he's still on and I'm finishing next year after 1200 miles). Be safe and welcome to your new world. Alaska will miss you. Pat McDonald


Kale%20Iverson
Quantcast