Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Its Official...sigh.


This is the first letter/email of resignation I have ever written. Because person receiving this letter also happens to be my neighbor and friend I kept it short and sweet as we will talk about it anyways.

Even though I have no job, no place to live, and no plan for the future (minus concert tickets), this is something I need to do right now.

What the letter didn't say was that I miss my parents and I think they need me more than they'll admit. My little brother is finally coming home for good and I want to be united with him (and be his big brother again). I want to spend what little time I have left with my remaining grandparents and be there for them . I need my friends back in my life (and maybe they need me?). And Lastly but certainly not least, I'm in love with a wonderful girl and want to be with her.

If this means I have to substitute teach, wait tables, and live in a shitty apartment in Tacoma than so be it. I'm ready. I could live anywhere as long as my family, friends, and baby are near by.

It doesn't mean I'm skipping out of bush Alaska happily. I have deep emotional swings of guilt and melancholy everyday, I look at my kids and how far they've come and how they still depend on me for lots of things and feel like I'm abandoning them. I love my students, each one , more than I ever thought I would. Having such a small number of kids, I've become really attached to them. Its going to be an emotional month.

I have a lo more to say about this, but I think I'll hold off for now knowing that many emotional moments will be coming as this experience draws to a close.

5 comments:

b.r. said...

Leaving's never easy. You'll be missed, but you've made a mark. That's how I felt last year. (with just a dash of the "Seeya, Suckas!" sentiment as well.)

Suzye Qzee said...

your friends totally need you! we will so incredibly happy to have you back!!

Susan Iverson said...

what can I say. I know this is a difficult decision for you, but not. I hope it has been made for all the right reasons. Heaven knows I look forward to having you back. I just hope you know that we love you and we can't wait to have you back. Love, Mom

Randall H. Sloot said...

Doesn't sound like there's enough Kale to go around. We'll be glad to have you home man!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kale! Sorry to see you leave, you will be missed. I know the feeling...but I have decided to stay another year. Good luck in the future:-)


Kale%20Iverson
Quantcast