Sunday, October 12, 2008

Weekend Update

I've been at school working on planning this week of school for about 6 hours today. Once again, the heathen, toiling away the sabbath for the benefit of the little darling children.

Musical Artist of the Week: Luckily I have the amazing band/dj tandem/technologic madmaster mixer robot heros DAFT PUNK! slamming bass heavy beats in my brain all day, keeping me moving, keeping me going, helping me keep on keepin on. I have all three of there studio albums "Homework," "Discovery," and "Human After All," and after I get paid on Wednesday I'm going to buy the live album "Alive" that my friend Randy showed me this summer as we slopped asphalt sealer together with suzye and lindsey. We rocked out then doing a menial job, and I rock out now as I seem to still be doing the same alone in Alaska.

Old Person Phrase of the Week: "Tickled Pink" I find this oldy but perverty phrase to be rather peculiar. I imagine some raspy old lady at a diner telling some story from the fifties over a peach cobbler and how when Bobby McSoandSo asked her to the sock hop she was just "Tickled Pink." I've always got the willies whenever someone says this and I just did right there as I typed it.

Weather on Nunivak: Nunivak Shmoonivak. It should be renamed Moonivak or Frozenivak because it is friggin cold here. Its like December cold. I went back and counted, our first morning frost was 9 days before our ground froze solid. This means, officially, our fall season lasted 9 days. But hey, things are looking up! Today is a balmy 28 degrees with the windchill so I'll be out suntanning after school tomorrow.

Personal Fitness Update: Thats right, I did it. I worked out on the Bowflex TWICE last week! And I had two Yoga clubs after school. Tonight, if I ever get any work done, I'm gonna run on the treadmill for a while. The only problem is that my mom sent me three 12 oz bags of m&m's, reeses peanut butter cups, TimTams, and German Chocolate. Looks like I'll be running a bit longer than I'd planned tonight..eck.

Lack of Political Update: Well, even if I wanted to vote (which I didn't really want to), now I'm pretty sure I can't. When I sent out my registration we had 4 days without a plane and I'm pretty sure it won't be in time. Call it lazy, call it whatever, maybe I should have registered in Alaska instead of Washington...its just that I wanted my vote to count. We'll just wait and see.

Possibilities Board Update: Well I've been in contact with some HR departments in San Fran, Olympia, Jackson Hole, and Portland. Everything is so automated and on the web these days, one of the reasons I took the job in Alaska was because of the personal touch the district had. I feel better when I can talk to people instead of web pages. Just the way I am, grandson to Lindley Wicks, talker of talkers, I like talking with folks bout simple thangs, knee slappin, shootin the breeze. All this damnfangled teckmology and world wide intraweb horse pucky really ruffles my feathers if you catch my drift (how many old person phrases did I just use there?).

Personal Art Update: Didn't make much music this week on account my 3rd (G) string on Gertrude broke. I just fixed it yesterday so I should be back in business. I wrote a little ditty the other day while listening to Daft Punk on headphones. It will probably be accompanied by a electronic type beat, heavily filtered vocals and a dirty bassline with a tropical melody...I know its cheesy but you'll just have to hear it I guess (its about staying up all night and dancing).

You're all that I wanted,
You're all that I needed,
Now that we're on it,
Now that we're completed.

I'm Here,
So are you,
Its so beautiful,
Its so brand new.

The Temperature's rising
So is the feeling coming on
Its so surprising
Running from the coming dawn
Running from the dawn (x3)

Can you feel it?
Its comin on so strong.
Do you need it?
Have you been waiting for long

I'm Here,
So are you,
Its so beautiful,
Its so brand new

The Temperature's rising
So is the feeling coming on
Its so surprising
Running from the coming dawn
Running from the dawn (x3)

Lastly but not Leastly: Here is a quote that might just sum up everything you will do this week.

Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it, rip it,
Drag and drop it, zip - unzip it,
Lock it, fill it, call it, find it,
View it, code it, jam - unlock it,
Surf it, scroll it, pause it, click it,
Cross it, crack it, switch - update it,
Name it, rate it, tune it, print it,
Scan it, send it, fax - rename it,
Touch it, bring it, Pay it, watch it,
Turn it, leave it, start - format it.
Technologic

-Daft Punk "Technologic"

3 comments:

Charisse said...

love that technologic song. makes me wanna dance. can't believe it's so cold up there already! try to stay warm!

ps--can you believe we're onto our FOURTH STRING QB???? because i can't.

Hal Iverson said...

dont worry bro, you will have some killer new music to listen to somtime this week!

positivelystephie said...

yeah DP! i love that song!


Kale%20Iverson
Quantcast