Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Northwest String Summit at Hornings Hideout



Another Great summer adventure is in the books. I'm back in town after 4 nights at Bob Hornings Property to see Yonder Mountain String Band, Keller Williams, a surprise Leftover Salmon set and a bunch of other great times.

As alwas It was a beautiful place to camp under the lanky pines. Hammocks were in full effect and so were the great people I camped with. We had an allstar crew of people all around and I loved getting to see all of my amazing festival friends as well as make some new ones.

Of course Yonder was amazing every night but the surprise of the weekend was on saturday night instead of a set break, Left Over Salmon showed up and played like 5 songs. They even played "Euphoria" and totally rocked. Even though it cut into my Yonder time I didn't mind all that much because when do you get to see Salmon!?

Then after another blazing set by Yonder with Darrel Anger and friends Keller Williams and the WMD's took over the late night set and played till 1:30 in the morning. IT WAS AMAZING to see Keller with a band and they didn't disappoint laying out groovy space disco jams after funky eclectic boogies.

I got all dressed up for the occasion. Sunday finished off nicely with a crazy almost everyone jam including Drew Emmit and Bill Nershi of String Cheese Incident and a whole host of other performers.

A special thanks goes out to all the amazing people in our crew. Stephie, Sharon, Sam, Matt, Marika (sp?), Becca, Scott, Jeff, Daniel, Will, Liz, Gavin, Boutle, Mark, Nick and Lori, Tanna, Casey, Hans, Merlin, Derek, and anyone else I missed for making this such a great weekend!

1 comment:

Ellie said...

Nice blog! I found it by doing a google blog search for the string summit. I'm also friends with Stephie, Sharon, and Sam! Ellie


Kale%20Iverson
Quantcast