Sunday, May 11, 2008

Weekly Update

Musical Artist of the Week: Citizen Cope "The Clarence Greenwood Recordings" I'm having flashbacks of summer festivals lately and Citizen Cope is one of the only people I can think of that has that plodding slow soulful hip hop and acoustic southern bass buzz that seems to agree with my life right now. You probably know some of his songs from commercials on television. I've seen him three times once at WSU, once at Bumpershoot where I got heatstroke, and once at last years Sasquatch festival. I think he a lot better at night at a smaller venue than in the heat of the day. Check it out if you get a chance.

Old School Phrase of the Week: Well this was a new one on me. Pam called someone "Madder than a March Hare." I guess it means crazy but I've never heard that one before. Has anyone ever heard out there either?

Weather on Nunivak Island: Right now its around 35 degrees which feels tropical even with the 15 mph wind. On top of that we've been fighting off intense fog for about 2 weeks now. The roads are infested with coffee and milk covered puddles and the tundra now comprises almost as much cover as the snow.

Art Update: I haven't been doing much visual art lately I did draw this odd sketch today though, I haven't been recording songs much either, just working a lot on instrumentation before I head home, I want to my skills to be rippin' this summer, I have been writing some but nothin' too interesting I guess.

ClustRMap/Readership: Just over 2600 readers since this time 4 months ago. Daily numbers have been way down, I think this is either because I'm not writing very well lately or because all the teachers that read this blog are extra busy. Regardless of the reasons, I have notice a drastic drop in commenting, hopefully I haven't driven away readers for some reason.

Days left till Washington: 10...thank jehova.

Last thoughts: I have none really. Sorry, this isn't very interesting. I think that this blog needs a change. Have a good week.

Oh and by the way, Lichen is really cool. Check this out.

6 comments:

writer said...

WHat??? I thought you were an Alice in Wonderland fan. The March Hare is the Mad Hatter's buddy. I only assume that's where the saying comes from, but I don't know...that guy's crazy though, it's true.

Hal Iverson said...

I remeber when you got that heat stroke. I like caught you in mid-fall. We dragged you stumbling out to the side of the stage into the shade. Everyone along the way thought you were just a big ol drunk, that was having too much fun. I was so freaked out. You came to and snapped up like you were totally fine. That was a fun time...

Kale Iverson said...

Ha, I remember it too kind of. I'd never got heat stroke before. My vision went all black and I couldn't hear. And all I remember is as soon as that water hit my lips I snapped back to normal. Thats what you get for drinking too much coffee all morning and then standing in the sun all day. But now that I've had it once at least I'll know why I'm going blind and deaf this time.

I thought I was dying. Lesson! Drink water, lots of water.

Mr. Broz said...

Amazing man I have been listening to that "Let the drummer kick that" song by citizen cope for the last two weeks because of that commercial, although I did think it said "let the drama kid die." As for the hare phrase I imagine it has something to do with hares going a little nuts in the spring, probably something to do with fertility. I got my iffy computer up and running again I will see if I have any poems I can shoot your way. Til next time...

Charisse said...

love, love citizen cope!! has very special memories for me of a fun time in my life. i saw him here in a LA at a pretty small venue and it was AMAZING! i could've watched him sing all night long.

Erin said...

I like lichens.


Kale%20Iverson
Quantcast