Friday, April 18, 2008

Anchorage, Franti, Love.

I'm glad I can type, because I've lost my voice from screaming and singing last night at the show. Franti and Spearhead were incredible. It wasn't just because I've been on an island in the Bering Sea all winter. They were tight, Franti is more controlled on guitar, they played new music, and the scene was homey and wholesome. I danced a ton! Ran into some festival kids I recognized and made a bunch of new friends in Anchorage. I even got to go out to breakfast with some of them. The night was amazing.

I HAD SO MUCH FUN. I got "White Lightning" as I'm calling her, her being a White Dodge Caravan. I made a special mix for the trip, its great to be on my own, driving, listening to tunes, oh yeah its a very tropical 45 degrees here too! Man this trip was just what I needed right now. I'm gonna go pick the kids up soon. I'll write more and add pictures as soon as I get a chance!

EVERYONE DESERVES MUSIC!!!!!

OK I JUST ADDED PHOTOS.

As you can see he had an amazing backdrop behind him on stage. It basically was a version of a multi handed Hindu god but instead of an elephant trunk it had a gas mask and in each hand there is a different American sin like cheeseburgers, guns, airplanes as well as smokestacks and puppetry stuff, in the middle there is a baby being born in a TV and the whole thing is being supported by the dead. He's saying something here. The Anchorage Daily News gave it a crappy review and I was kind of pissed off. The last time America was engaged in an over seas conflict that we should never have started, an entire counter cultural movement took place. Now something so similar is happening and only a few musicians like Franti, Xavier Rudd, John Butler Trio, Eddie Vedder, are speaking out against it in the name of peace. Where is the movement? Then some blowhard in the ADN has the nerve to bring him down. I just don't get it. I guess its not cool to stand up for a peaceful existence anymore. WHATEVER. YOU ROCK FRANTI YOU TOTALLY FREAKING ROCK.

The rest of the trip was awesome too. We took the kids to the mall and then cosmic bowling. They did super good for their first times. I bowled over 15o both games so I'm all sharpened up to kick my brothers ass this summer.

We went swimming this morning in the pool (I still smell like chlorine after the shower ech!) And now I'm chillin at the airport waiting for my plane at 1:30. I don't think I'm gonna make my connection in Bethel so it looks like another night in paradise. I'll fill in some other details when I get back into Mekoryuk just in time for the Weekly Update.

MUCH LOVE!

3 comments:

Susan Iverson said...

So glad you got a taste of how your summer will be. It won't be long and it all begins!

Anonymous said...

KALE!!!!

Check this website out:www.genv.net

Its an organization, Youth Venture. Kids come up with an idea to help create a more peaceful community. Once they come up with a team and an idea, they can get funding from this organization to help them put their 'idea' into play.

(Chris and I took the kids to the King5 Health and fitness expo. At one of the booths was this group.)

I thought you might be interested in this! Maybe some thing for you to look into for your kids next year....or a great end of the year project it allows them to make the change-empowering them...

loves to you!
Jen :O)

writer said...

I'm glad it was good, sounds like a fated well deserved break!


Kale%20Iverson
Quantcast