Sunday, February 24, 2008

WEEKLY UPDATE 2/24

Well I'm back from the semi big city, trying to get ready for the week and I guess I gotta get back on the schedule of doing the update.

Musical Artist of the Week: Levon Helm from the debut album "Dirt Farmer" My brother got this for me for Christmas and I listened to it a couple of times. I like it, put it on the back burner for a while and just busted it out while making dinner and realized its amazing. Levon Helm is one of the original members of THE BAND (the signature voice) and this album is his return from some throat/larynx problems. He sounds amazing and he made the album with his family in a barn recording studio. The songs are pretty much about being a poor farmer but they rock. It sounds a little like "A Man of Constant Sorrow" so if you like the Oh Brother Where Art Thou soundtrack you'd love this.

Old Person Phrase of the Week: "You can betcher' bottom dollar" Now I'm not even sure what this means, but I think it means that something is a sure bet or a sure risk. You coming to supper on Sunday? You can betcher bottom dollar I am!

Weather on Nunivak: Beautifully sunny, extremely cold, lots of snow drifts, and the sun is setting around 7:20 pm and extending about 6 minutes a day crazy!

Book Of the Week: NO BOOK TO UPDATE THIS WEEK, I'm in the middle of a couple and I need a week off

Web Link of th
e Week: http://www.guayaki.com/ Gauyaki Yerba Mate single handedly saved my brother and I's life at High Sierra Music Festival last summer. Not only is it amazing on ice but it gives you an awesome natural kick. I can't wait to get back to the lower 48 so I can buy cases of it. It also turns out they are an awesome company that works with native people and is working on reforesting logged lands. Check out the site!

ART UPDATE: I suggest you scroll down to the previous post and read the poem, I am really proud of it, it might be some of my best work. I'm trying to make some new music but the nasally congestion is making my singing sound like PeeWee Herman. I'm sorry if I haven't sent out music to people who requested it yet, I'm super busy and you might have to wait till summer. SORRY!

CLUSTERMAP UPDATE: Those dots are multiplying! I've had over 400 hits on Radiate Warmth in about 2 weeks! Nice work you guys. All I need is one person to read RW from South America and we will have Radiated Warmth blog style to EVERY CONTINENT (minus Antarctica). How cool is that!!!!



No comments:


Kale%20Iverson
Quantcast