Monday, December 17, 2007

Dreams


Last night I had a dream that I was helping arrange icebergs in a line so that dog teams could cross a section of a bay at the Iditarod (sorry about the spelling). I saw my cousin in the water. We both admired a gooey duck that had miraculously poked out of the sand. The iceberg path eventually became a huge failure and the race was canceled (Global Warming has infected my dreams!)

When I was a kid I used to have a re occurring dream that I was brushing my teeth in the bathroom and I could hear circus music coming from beneath the sink. When I opened the cupboard to investigate I always found a curtain in the back. I would peel it back to see that I was at the top of a trapeze in the middle of a circus tent. Sometimes I would fall and wake up. Sometimes I would climb down and walk around the circus. Sometimes I would keep brushing my teeth and go back to bed. I never told anyone about this dream.

Dreams freak me out. Especially when I am having a deja vu and I remember the specific dream that I had in the past that this moment was in. That really gives me the willies. I'm going to do my best to start writing my dreams down on this blog for you so you can get yet another piece of evidence for my eventual placement in some sort of ward for the insane.

Either way, the count is now at 4 days till this crazy man heads home. Boo Yaka sha!

3 comments:

alisha said...

Kale,

Have a safe trip home and a Merry Christmas. I hope your break is everything you need it to be. As for Avery and myself, we will be staying here in Bethel. Will you have any kind of layover or anything in Bethel on your way in or out? Those pictures you've been posting are kinda creepy, but very cool, esp from the perspective of a science teacher. Looks like an anatomy poster drawn by Rainbow Bright or something. :) I always enjoy reading your blog even when I dont comment, although, I have to tell you...your blog is a pain to load these days. It takes forever and seems to freeze up my computer without fail. I just thought i'd let you know. as far as dreams go...i have crazy dreams all the time. I think that having dreams is a way to file our memories. a way to decide what memories we need to keep and which ones to toss out. Sometimes we file things right away and other times we keep them around for awhile before we file them. that's why we have dreams about things or people that happened along time ago. Sometimes we might file something away just to get it out and refile it several more times, kind of like reoccuring dreams. well, anyway, just thought i'd share. that's my theory on dreams...which could be described much better in person over a glass of wine, then by blog anyday. anyway, is your artist of the week the one you were telling me that i would like? i will try to check her out or you could burn me a copy of that cd and it would be super great! i've been listening to your albums. NIce work! Have you gotten a chance to start reading that book that I lent you? stiff? Let me know what you think when you start reading it!

I know that there are alot of random thoughts here, but i had alot of random things to say.

Merry Christmas

Kale Iverson said...

I'll try to address some of these thoughts. I'll have a layover in Bethel on Friday night. I might need a place to stay, I will definitely need some wonderful company. I can burn as many cd's as you want. Corrine Bailey Rae I just learned about, the one I told you about is Madeleine Peyroux. She had artist of the week about a month ago I think.
Dreams are crazy. I agree with your theory except it doesn't answer why what happens in dreams sometimes actually happens later in life, could there be a clairvoyant aspect of dreams? Maybe I'm a gypsy and a hippie!

Thanks for the nice words on the album. I've added 4 new songs since then so maybe I can sneak em in somewhere on some discs for you. I will hopefully be in on Friday afternoon. I'll give you a call or just walk over on Friday if that is cool.

alisha said...

hey, if you're coming in on friday let me know if you need a ride or a place. or just feel free to stop by. whatever is fine with me. could you bring that alarm clock with you though? that way i'll have that if i ever need it when the power goes out. and if you would be willing to burn a couple of cd's for me, i'd really like to have those two artists that you mentioned above. I know music has always been important in your life, but it amazes me how important it has become to me since being here.

see ya


Kale%20Iverson
Quantcast