Thursday, April 15, 2010

Washington Educator Career Fair...

The last time I went to this meet and greet market I was horrified by all the school districts only there to shake your hand and give you a website. Last time I went to the career fair I desperately needed a teaching job (my first one) and ended up moving to an Eskimo village in Alaska due directly in part to this exact career fair. Last time I went with a great great amazingly awesome wingwoman and freshly back from her adventures in Peru she will go with me again today (having met the Hawaii people last time).

This year I am not so doe eyed and freaked out. This year I have 3 years of teaching under my belt. This year I realized that all the school districts that are trying to hire you on the spot are probably doing so because they can't hold onto teachers fast enough. This year I will take more pens.

This year I will look for the right job. The thought of scraping by as a substitute for another year is rather dreadful, and yes I would really like health insurance, but there's no way I'm moving to east BumbleF**k for a job anytime soon. I have some definite prospects for right here in Tacoma next year and I owe it to myself, my family, my increasingly important friends to stick around and give life here in the Puge a real try.

1 comment:

Susan Iverson said...

I'm all for you sticking around and I know you will get an awesome teaching job because you are just what this education system needs.


Kale%20Iverson
Quantcast