Tuesday, August 25, 2009

...summer wind down.

I'll try to write about meltdown and weddings some other time. Now that summer is winding down I'm feeling a little down. Mostly because it started off so amazing and has been such continual high of great things, reunitions, love, family, music, nature and possibility. And if I know anything, as a Washingtonian this level of activity and joy can't (meteorologically, romantically, logistically) last forever.

While there is still many sun filled summer days to enjoy, fall is coming, and my heart has been a little bit heavier than it has been in a long time. Luckily for you blog readers (if any are still out there) crappy weather, solitude, and a melancholy heart seem to make this blog jump to life. So I apologize for the constant bragging about my awesome summer, just know that behind all those infinite smiles of GOOD THINGS I portray sits too, a mortal man with feelings and challenges and problems.

I do have some very GOOD THINGS to look forward too though. Here they are

TONIGHT: Playing my first open Mic Night at the Antique Sandwich Company in Ruston, WA since returning to the area. This was something I had planned on doing weekly but never seem to find the time for.

THURSDAY: Flying to Reno, Nevada with my family to sit by the pool at the Sands Hotel and to eat at the mighty buffets, and to try to strike it rich like so many before, and to soak up +90 degree weather, should be fun!

Next SATURDAY: Good things! Dave Matthews, Yonder Mountain String Band and G. Love and the Special Sauce at the GORGE! I'm going with my favorite human being and allstar of the summer, my brother Hal. Without him I think I would be a pretty sad person.

EVERY SATURDAY: Can you smell it? Can you? Thats right its College Football season and that means Cougar Football is on the way. My family (mom) has acquired tickets to every home game this year and a downtown motel room in pullman. That means pullman hear comes the Iversons!

And some promising job opportunities on the way.

SO although I've been better in some departments of life, I can feel that things are going to be ok. And ok is fine by me.

Enjoy the last of summer out there. Here are some lyrics to one of the songs I'm playing tonight.



If you need a little bit of attention,
then all you need to do is mention
that all you got is nothing but time
and I'll be right there, I'll be right there, waiting, waiting in line

But right now I am mending,
and the summer's ending,
and depending on weather or not you're coming back soon
or sometime after that, maybe in the afternoon
or maybe that in fact you don't really know
so for then I'm gonna move on down the road.

You and me we'll wait and see what our lives will turn out to be
If you need a little bit of space, I'll keep walking let me pick up my pace
don't you come chasin after me, I won't go chasin after you
we'll get through this eventually
and a hell, a well you always gonna do what you gotta do

But right now I am mending,
and the summer's ending,
and depending on weather or not you're coming back soon
or sometime after that, maybe in the afternoon
or maybe that in fact you don't really know
so for then I'm gonna move on down the road.

4 comments:

Erin said...

Buddy...I'll try to Skype call you tomorrow night from the beautiful village of Newtok, AK!

Things have been busy here. I'm moving this weekend and will hopefully be done packing and unpacking boxes.

I hope things are going well. Hope open mic went well!

ArtsAmuse said...

I'm reading this. Hey kale!
Thank you so much for your muscles and brain while moving. I couldn't have done it without you. : )

I think your blog is awesome!!!

Heidi~ AkA Sinny Momma

Anonymous said...

Hey Kale or Mister Iverson. Wassup? this is Aaron by the way from the Rock. Corretta says hi Well im bored an im in class and im not working right now even im supposed to. well gotta go class is over

Aaron Oscar from MYU

Anonymous said...

I love you Kale. Although winter is coming and lots of gray days it means snow in the mountains. So we will have to take some turns at Mt Baker and drink some schmidt at the longhorn. We should get together this month, so lets plan something. "Where's my friends"

Tyson Kip Wood


Kale%20Iverson
Quantcast