Monday, October 1, 2007

In the future...

One time at WSU I was watching a young, sweet, un tainted Howie Day play a song with a looping machine and his guitar. The only words to the song were "In the future, packages will be sent to distant worlds through beams of light." Do you think that is possible? I was also thinking that we find ancient scrolls and tombs and crap with writings and drawings and everything all the time. We try to decipher them and understand them but we'll never really know what the people who made them are like or what they were really thinking. It makes me wonder about the internet. In thousands of years (assuming we ever make that far as a species) what if some archaeologist types find computer, server, hard drive remains, boot them up and surf the internet like an ancient Egyptian cave. I mean really, the internet is beyond my comprehension anymore. Blogging, MP3's, Email, the whole things is like another dimension. I think it is well established enough now that if everything were to go down the toilet someone could conceivably find all our stuff, fix it and look at it like an artifact someday. If that is the case what if they find this blog? Holy guacamole! What if some future archeo-dude is reading this with a future contraption and its totally freaking him out? That is awesome! I'm freaking out a dude in the future right now! It could be a chick too though. OR A WHOLE TEAM OF THEM! Dusting off a laptop or something. Well, if thats the case, I better say something important right. Wrong. Whatever future dude, chick or team. Quit living in the past. Live in the now! Anywho, I hope the future is rad. And, like in the movie Back to the Future, I really hope they have hover board skateboards.

3 comments:

Susan Iverson said...

That's what I love about you. You always have a different way of looking at things that can really make us stop and think.

Anonymous said...

whoa whoa whoa, why did you put a picture of Jesus on your blog page home? I know your going to chuch and all, but Jesus? on your homepage? Just joking brother, you are starting to resemble my main man J.C. though.

positivelystephie said...

oh my hal! i have been telling him that too! crazy right??? i thought it was just me...


Kale%20Iverson
Quantcast